For more than 50 years, the name ‘Noctilux’ has been a synonym for exceptionally fast lenses with an optical design that verges on the limits of what is physically possible. Leica Camera AG has added a new highlight to the lens portfolio – the Leica Noctilux-M 75mm f/1.25 ASPH. Together with exceptional imaging performance and unique bokeh, its gossamer-thin depth of focus isolates subjects with extreme precision and makes it a truly exceptional lens. Its focal length of 75mm makes it especially suitable for the creation of portraits with a natural look. As the depth of focus of the Noctilux-M 75mm f/1.25 ASPH is even shallower than that of the Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH, it allows even more precise isolation of subjects. The short close focusing distance of 0.85m for such a fast lens and a reproduction ratio of 1:8.8 open up entirely new opportunities in portrait and close-up photography, while the eleven blades of its iris ensure a soft and harmonious bokeh in out of focus areas. To guarantee this extraordinary imaging performance, the nine elements in six groups that make up its optical design are manufactured from glasses with high anomalous partial dispersion and low chromatic dispersion. Two of the elements are aspherical and reduce other potential aberrations to a hardly detectable minimum. Here, particular emphasis must be placed on the use of a floating element within the complex focusing mechanism, which guarantees a constantly high level of imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range of the lens – from the closest focusing distance to infinity. In addition to the intuitively located focusing and aperture setting rings typical to Leica, the lens also features an integrated lens hood. This can be extended or retracted by a simple twist action and can be locked in place in its extended position. The lens is supplied complete with a tripod adapter for safe and secure mounting of the lens on a tripod.
The Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH offers the following benefits :
- World’s fastest aspherical 75 mm lens
- Razor-thin depth of focus in combination with exceptional imaging performance
- A unique soft bokeh
- Super high speed portrait lens with extremely shallow depth of field
- Focal length of 75 mm creates portraits with a natural look
- Highest image quality at all apertures
- Optical design features nine elements in six groups which allows for precise, exceptionally detailed isolation of subjects from surroundings
- Two aspherical elements are included in the design to ensure optimum imaging performance across the entire image field.
- From the closest focusing distance of 0.85m to infinity, optimum imaging performance is ensured due to the floating lens element.
- Ideal lens for M and SL photographers looking for something unique and special
- Outstanding image performance at maximum aperture and unmistakeable bokeh
- Meticulously crafted to the highest quality standards, with a primary focus on high-grade materials and durability.
- Made in Germany, with a delivery scope that includes: metal lens cap, clip-on lens cap, tripod adapter, rear lens cap, soft nappa leather case for lens and soft nappa leather case for tripod adapter.
Warranty: Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a 3 Year Passport Warranty which provides protection against manufacturer defects, functional failures, or any accidental damage to the covered Product including breakage, water damage, or any accident. Excluded are occurrences of fire, loss, theft or signs of deliberate damage.
Please contact us if you require additional details.